There is a growing concern regarding the retention of males on the Texas State campus, especially our males of color and first year (freshmen & transfer) students. The dialogue series explores the common themes that are affecting the academic success and matriculation of males on campus. The following programs and initiatives have been created.
African American Male Dialogue Series
Freshmen Male Dialogue Series
Faculty/Staff Male Directory (see below for download)
Male Leader Reception
Male Initiatives Committee (MIC) Facebook & Twitter Pages
First Fridays sponsored by the Student Diversity & Inclusion Office
- To engage students in conversations to identify obstacles hindering the retention of males.
- To provide a forum for the students to speak freely about issues that are important to them.
- To provide an avenue for males to develop and hone their leadership skills.
- To address the lack of involvement on campus.
- To develop a mentoring relationship between the male students and key male faculty/staff members on campus.
For more information, contact Terence Parker at 512-245-5500 or by e-mail at email@example.com